Which side is the bad side of Chicago?
Most of Chicago’s most violent crimes and gang activity are located on the West and South sides of the city. In general, the further South and West you go, the more dangerous the neighborhood. That said, a few neighborhoods in South and West Chicago have benefitted greatly from gentrification.
What neighborhoods should I avoid in Chicago?
Here are the 10 worst neighborhoods in Chicago according to data:
- Washington Park.
- Fuller Park.
- West Englewood.
- South Deering.
Is Lincoln Park Chicago a safe neighborhood?
Lincoln Park is one of Chicago’s superior neighborhoods! Lincoln Park is one of the safest communities in the city and by far has some very cool homes that everyone wants to live in.
What is the largest neighborhood in Chicago?
Where is the ghetto in Chicago?
The West Side is Chicago’s “other” ghetto. It is not as well known as the South Side, outside Chicago but many consider it among the worst slum areas in the nation.
What’s the most dangerous area in Chicago?
Most Dangerous Neighborhoods In Chicago, IL
- West Garfield Park. Population 17,277. 257 % …
- Washington Park. Population 11,871. 227 % …
- East Garfield Park. Population 20,100. 206 % …
- Englewood. Population 25,858. 201 % …
- North Lawndale. Population 35,417. 198 % …
- Grand Crossing. Population 32,217. 184 % …
- West Englewood. Population 30,662. 176 % …
- Riverdale. Population 7,361. 160 %
Why is Chicago so dangerous?
Former Chicago Police Superintendent Garry McCarthy blames Chicago’s gang culture for its high rates of homicide and other violent crime, stating “It’s very frustrating to know that it’s like 7% of the population causes 80% of the violent crime… The gangs here are traditional gangs that are generational, if you will.
Is Chicago Heights a Ghetto?
Formerly called East Chicago Heights, this village of only 2,800 is one of the most concentrated ghettos in the state. Most residents here live in subsidized housing, and earn far below the poverty level.
Where does Chicago rank crime?
Chicago had the most murders among all cities with 653, nearly double the second-highest city, Baltimore. As with the overall number of violent crimes, this list largely tracks with population size, though St. Louis, with a population of about 310,000, comes in at No. 8.
Is Lincoln Park Chicago Expensive?
Lincoln Park is one of the wealthiest and most expensive communities in which to live. While the average single-family house is priced around $1 million, many homes in the area sell for more than $10 million.
Is Chicago safe at night?
Downtown Chicago is as safe or safer than most downtown areas because it’s typically packed with pedestrians, even at night. … Downtown Chicago is as safe or safer than most downtown areas because it’s typically packed with pedestrians, even at night.
Is New York or Chicago safer?
Because of the work that the city has done to reduce criminal activity and violence, New York City is 32% safer than Chicago; or flip it around, Chicago is 32% more violent than NYC.
Where should I live in Chicago?
Here Are the Best Places to Live in Chicago
- Lakeview. Lakeview is situated right where you think it is, next to the lake. …
- Lincoln Park. In this writer’s opinion, Lincoln Park is the best neighborhood to live in the city. …
- Old Town. …
- West Loop. …
- Wicker Park.
What are the names of Chicago suburbs?
Over 50,000 population
- Waukegan, Illinois (85,720)
- Cicero, Illinois (79,943)
- Bolingbrook, Illinois (76,468)
- Arlington Heights, Illinois (74,593)
- Hammond, Indiana (74,423)
- Gary, Indiana (73,966)
- Evanston, Illinois (72,836)
- Schaumburg, Illinois (72,387)